How do I find shareable moments to talk about on social?
What can I do to drive engagement so I don’t feel like I’m not talking to an empty room?
How do I stop the overwhelm?
These are three of the biggest questions I’m asked by entrepreneurs and small business owners. AND they just so happen to be three of the topics I chatted with Dana Rivera about yesterday in her first-ever Storyteller Circle Show google hangout!
Have you ever watched or participated in a hangout (aka an HOA — hangout on air — as I learned from the cool kids yesterday)? I’ve watched a few but had never been a guest on one before and let me tell you, I totally loved it.
As someone who’s still getting comfortable in front of the camera, I didn’t go into this HOA expecting to enjoy myself, to be perfectly honest. But I knew it would be a good thing to push myself out of my comfort zone and give it a go. Once the live hangout started, the nerves came right off and I had a lot of fun interacting with those who joined us live and in the conversations afterwards in the comments.
I might just be experimenting with them more in the future…
(Sidenote: If you’re on Google+, let’s connect! Find me here.)
In the show, we talked about a few social media topics that I know you’re going to like:
– How to generate more engagement with an easy peasy strategy that feels good and gets results
– How to stop the overwhelm and feel in control when it comes to social media
– What your Signature Blend™ is and how to make sure you’re presenting yourself the right way online
– Why you need to include promotions into your social mix and ideas for non-salesy ways to do it
– The random way Dana and I met (hint: involves a teeny tiny town in PA)
– How you can bang out an entire month of social content in just a couple of hours
Watch the HOA below!
At the beginning of the hangout, I asked our audience which camp they fell into:
– Team Business: who only logs on to social media when they have something business-related to share
– Team Audience: who focuses entirely on their audience and never mentions their business or offerings
I wanna know — which team are YOU in? Or are you a mix of both? Leave a comment with your answer and we can chat about the pros and cons, and how you can move towards a more satisfying middle ground.
And if you like our hangout, there’s a ton more where that came from! Click here to subscribe to Dana’s Storyteller Circle Show. It’s completely free and she has some amazing guests lined up for this season!